Thursday, August 12, 2010

Leslie’s Lemon Cake with Blueberries


The Challenger #2  

Namaste’ Foods Vanilla Cake Mix 

3 Eggs 
½ Cup Light Virgin Olive Oil 
¼ Cup Lemon Juice 
¾ Cup Water 

Add all to cake mix and blend well 

Add:
Optional: 1 ½ Cup Fresh Blueberries* dusted with
1 Tbs. Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Flour** 

Bake in two round 9” layer cake pans about 25-30 minutes.
 

*Black or Red Raspberries if preferred 
** 1Tbs. Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour 

Frosting:
Lemon Curd with Fresh Blueberry garnish  


August 12, 2010


 Well…this WAS my plan, all things lovely with this challenge at the end of 
my experiment when my tasters returned home from their errands. Sorry to say, 
but my icing has been a BLOW-OUT!

 Oh yes, my 8 ozs. of Organic Silken NASOYA Brand Tofu and my 4 ozs. of SoyaKaas Natural Creamed cheese alternative, being lactose free, with no cholesterol and no hydrogenated oils gave me a base for the 1 lb. box of 10x Confectioners sugar that my LOVELY LEMON ICING required…but my concoction thinned down SO much that with the addition of 3tsps. Winn Dixie brand lemon extract and 1 tsp. of 
Gold Medal Brand Imitation Vanilla extract from www.cfsauer.com plus 4 DROPS of 
Imitation Butter Flavor from Maid of Scandinavia Company, Minneapolis, Minn. 
that is so old there is no Web address listed beside the “CAUTION: Use only 
Drops” label; all in a successful attempt to give that marvelous creamy 
vanilla/lemon taste that I was hoping for to frost and garnish my cake!
I have a GALLON of the stuff…not really but I did end up with just over 2 
POUNDS (!) of the most delicious lemon flavored fruit dunk imaginable.  

 
So DUNKABLE that it is too thin to spread as a glaze…so off to my Winn 
Dixie I ran for their marvelous FREE coffee and 10x sugar. 

The coffee was the easy part of this equation as my busily stocking 
shelf-stocker ran off to tell me that although the isles were stuffed to maximum 
this morning there was NO confectioners’ sugar to finish my icing! 

No Icing, No Lemon Curd, No Fresh Blueberry garnish until I complete this 
task…therefore NO tasting report either.
I’ll get back to this later…
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment